Followers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

EMBRACING LIFE'S JOURNEY

Sometimes life's journey takes us deeper than we think we want to go...sometimes it's our own stuff and sometimes it feels like the heavy, collective consciousness of the world that weighs us down and settles in our hearts and in our energy field.

These last few weeks have been full of seeming insanity - shootings, fear, weather catastrophes, "loss" of loved ones, personal pain and all other kinds of  weird scenarios. Our immediate thoughts are "Don't go there. Stay positive, don't watch the news, don't feel the pain..." Well, I for one, have to go there, not to STAY there, but to BE there for a time - to feel, to cry, to sob, to pray, to release it, knowing that that this too shall pass. It's here for a reason, a lesson, a blessing - a reminder of the truth that ONLY LOVE IS REAL. It reawakens our passion and compassion for the suffering of our world...

The transition of beautiful Debbie Ford a few days ago hit me hard. She was (is) so vibrant, so honest and so instrumental in helping millions of people learn to love every aspect of themselves. I was honored to attend many of her seminars and book signings and her books made a tremendous impact on my life. I loved her laugh and her sense of humor and her passing at her age (close to my age) made me really think about my life. Am I doing enough? Is fear preventing me from doing more of my heart's desire? Why haven't I written more of my book? How can I serve more people in more profound ways? All of that comes to mind when we realize that life on this earth is short. We don't know what tomorrow brings. Debbie taught me so much and she will be greatly missed but her amazing spirit soars as she continues her incredible journey to heal our world from the other side.

Debbie taught us to embrace and love all parts of ourselves and to allow that Divine spirit to work and flow with us and through us. As a dear friend recently said to me...

"Be open to the blossoms of life. They unfold as beautiful flowers, each petal opening beautifully as part of the whole. Each piece of the puzzle makes up the total picture of your life. Follow the flow as there is beauty in the journey. Leap into the river and let the current take you where you need to go. Don't block it - let it flow. When a rock shows up on the river, flow around it. Give no energy to blocks on the river. Each rock is God and reminds you why you are here. In the flow, you find God. God is the flow, the steady stream and nothing can stop this stream. Put no energy into blocks."

The good thing is is that we are all in this together to be there and to love and support each other through the joy and through the pain...through the laughter and through the tears. And I think most of us do the best we can with the situations at hand, knowing all is truly in Divine order, unfolding for the highest good of all. And so it is...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny... Thank you for clearly sharing here from your heart. Yes, I agree that those dieing and or going through difficult times in my life I must remember I help those people mostly by staying true to myself. Loving myself. LIFE is really for me about LIVING and sharing in the process of it all. Thank you Jenny for being an inspiration for me! Your life is a blessing indeed! Bless you and much love, Barb

Jenny LeBel said...

Thank you so much Barb. I so agree we need to stay true to ourselves so we may help others to live life to the fullest. You are a blessing to me as well. I love you.

Dianne said...

A beautiful post and thank you for the reminder. "God is the flow." I hope the sadness you feel on the loss of your friend Debbie heals gently and you see Debbie's spirit in your flow. Love, Dianne